Last modified: June 19, 2018
This Policy describes how we treat personal information we obtain about you from both online and offline sources. This includes our applications software, products, services, and websites, as well as phone or email interactions you have with us.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU
- Contact information. For example, we might collect your name, street address, home number or email address.
- Payment and billing information. For example, we collect your credit card number and zip code when you buy one of our products.
- Information on your product usage and data. For example, any information you provide about your pool, hot tub, local product dealer, as well as data about product usage, chemical dosing data, and history.
- Demographic information. We may collect information about our services you like, products you buy, and where you live.
- Other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about your computer location or the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you sign up for an account in our app or website, and voluntarily input information about yourself.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, and web beacons.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use one of the integrated Facebook features on our websites, Facebook will give us certain information about you. Our business partners may give us information about you.
WE USE INFORMATION AS DISCLOSED AND DESCRIBED HERE
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for a program or contest, or fulfill prizes or premiums in a promotion. We may use your friend’s email address if you send them features on our site.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may use your information to make our website and products better.
- We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. For example, in the event of a breach, we may use your contact information to contact you about that incident.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the choices section below.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. For example, we might send you emails about a purchase you made with us. We might also contact you about this policy or our website terms.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who help us manage our online registration process or who fulfill your purchases. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
- We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share information with our business partners. For example, if we are working with a third party and running a joint promotion.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
YOU HAVE CERTAIN CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, send a request to [email protected] or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. It may take about ten (10) days to process your request. Don’t worry! Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sure to send you transactional messages. For example, we may still contact you about your orders.
- You can control if we share information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To opt out of having us share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes, send a request to [email protected]
THESE SITES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at [email protected]. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at [email protected], or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in Europe, you are protected under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as of May 25, 2018. H2oCK, and its parent company, Digital Concepts, Inc., fully intend to abide by regulations set forth by the GDPR, which include:
- Inquiry of any of your personal data collected by our website or our app. To request to see what data we have, please email us from the email address you have associated with your account to [email protected], and we will reply within three (3) business days.
- Deletion of any and all of your personal data collected by our website or our app. To delete any and/or all of your personal, please email us from the email address you have associated with your account to [email protected], and we will delete your specified personal data from our database, and email you with a reply within three (3) business days. Data collected that we can collect and delete includes, but is not limited to, name, address, country information, email address, credit card information, IP address, browser and device access information, data collected based on products bought and/or used, and associated vendor and dealer information.
Please note that deletion of your personal data may hinder your ability to use our H2oCHK app or H2oCHK website.
- Communication with you in case of security breach or data loss. In the event of a security breach or data loss of any kind, we will inform you of the data breach within 72 hours or less of initially discovering the problem and work towards fixing covering the breach or data loss.
Communication will be sent out to the email address associated with your account from [email protected]. Please white list all email addresses from the @h2ochk.com domain to ensure communications will not end up in your spam box.
WE USE STANDARD SECURITY MEASURES
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
WE STORE INFORMATION BOTH IN AND OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Information we maintain may be stored both within and outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States.
WE MAY LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES WE DON’T CONTROL
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS
If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can email us at [email protected]. Please do not include your credit card number or other sensitive information in your email. You can also write us at:
ATTN: Customer Care
3108 Riverport Tech Center Drive
Maryland Heights, MO 63043-4825
WHAT WE WILL DO IF THERE IS AN UPDATE TO THIS POLICY
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.